St. James Senior Boys School

St. James Senior Boys School

Sunday 19 October 2014

Flyer Faithful

I basically know one person in London from back home: Mark Barron. He went to the University of Dayton with my brother Drew, so a couple weeks before I left my brother gave me Mark's email. I have gone out with Mark a couple of times since I've been here and I have sort of been adopted into his circle of friends in London because many of them also went to Dayton. It is amazing to me that the UD network of alumni stretches so far around the world. How crazy is it that a medium-size school in Ohio can bring people together on another continent?

So last night Mark invited me out to dinner with he and the Dayton crew. We went to an Italian restaurant in Kensington and I had the best pasta I have ever tasted ...

 
After dinner Mark and his roommate Joe were pretty tired (and had to work in the morning) so they headed home. One of the guys at dinner, Matt McNamara, shared my desire to night let the night end. Matt was actually pretty good friends with Drew at Dayton so we hit it off. He is living in San Francisco and has been backpacking around Europe for the last month. It was his last night in London so I suggested we go to a club ... he obliged. We decided on an establishment called TigerTiger right in Piccadilly Circus. We had a great time.

Matt's flight didn't leave until 8 p.m. the next day so we did a bit of sight seeing together. I took him to the places I knew. The weather was incredible which made the day even better. This was my favorite part of the day, Hyde Park ...


My next post will hopefully be from Germany. I am leaving Wednesday morning for Berlin and taking a train to Munich on Sunday to stay with my friend Max for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment